Join the Midas team at 13021 West Washington Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90066!
Build your future with a leader in the automotive services industry...Midas.
Midas is one of the world's largest providers of automotive service, including exhaust, brakes, steering, suspension, and maintenance services. Midas has more than 1700 franchised and company-owned Midas locations in the United States and Canada.
Midas is committed to earning our customers’ trust by offering them the expertise, value and responsiveness they expect…every time they visit us.
Click below to view a description of the jobs:
Auto Shop Manager
We are currently searching for an Automotive Shop Manager. Our Shop Managers are responsible for leading the all activities within a shop to achieve positive sales results. They ensure customer satisfaction and retention through the direction of shop staff in the performance of quality vehicle repair and maintenance services. They also control costs through such activities as inventory and asset management, controlling outside purchases, implementing preventative maintenance programs for shop equipment, ensuring that quality service work is performed on customer vehicles at the first visit, and by ensuring compliance with environmental and safety procedures. They lead and manage the human resource at the facility to promote effectiveness of every employee and promoting teamwork within the shop. As well as promote the shop and its services through exceptional customer interactions, making sure the shop is clean and presentable at all times, and by participating in sales promotions applicable to the shop.
- High School Diploma. Associates Degree a plus
- Three (3) years’ leadership experience in an automotive repair facility.
- Superior ability to positively relate and communicate with customers, including outstanding telephone skills.
- Prior responsibilities of leading, motivating and counseling employees under his/her direction on issues such as safety, quality, and policy and procedure administration/implementation.
- Demonstrated history of improving facility sales while also retaining customers loyal to the shop.
- Experience in implementing policies and procedures in the areas of financial control, safety, human resources, and environmental compliance.
- Knowledge of point-of-sale software programs, and the mathematical skills to create billings, estimates and to control inventory levels.
- Experience in preventive maintenance to keep facility equipment in safe and effective operating condition is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in store management operations, such as cash management and loss prevention.
- Prior experience as an automotive technician, and the ability to diagnose and recommend repairs to customer vehicles.
Midas is an E.O.E.
We are seeking experienced Automotive Technicians who are ASE certified and have drivability skills. Use your ASE Certifications and years of experience to diagnose and provide quality vehicle repair services in a time and cost effective manner. The successful candidate will be able to work independently, while also being able to work collaboratively at times with peers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Technical Degree a definite plus.
- Minimum of two (2) ASE Certifications, one of which is in brakes.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with vehicle repairs.
- Ability to relate well with customers and to explain needed repairs in a friendly, non-technical manner.
- Ability to repair vehicles independently, while also having experience working well in a team environment.
- Track record of high personal productivity.
- Knowledge of, and adherence to, safety and environmental standards for repair facilities.
- Experience using shop equipment such as lifts, welders, diagnostic equipment, etc.
- May require experience in leading other, less qualified, technicians in vehicle repairs.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V