Thank you for visiting our website. This Website is operated by Midas International, LLC (referred to hereafter as “Midas, “we” or “our”). At Midas, the protection of your privacy is important to us. We appreciate you placing your trust in Midas.
Midas International, LLC
Attn: Consumer Relations / Website Request
4300 TBC Way
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
User Information Collection and Use
Midas collects information from users of its Website at several different points and in different ways. Midas’ primary goal in collecting personal information from its users is to provide users with an efficient, meaningful and customized experience. Examples of such instances where Midas may collect personal information, includes, without limitation, when a user:
- Places an order or requests product or service information on-line from Midas.
- To use the Website, or certain portions or feature of the Website, a user may be required to first complete an online registration form which will prompt the user to provide Midas certain personal information, including, but not limited to, your name, address, phone number, email address and vehicle information.
- Requests notification of an on-line order's status using this Website.
- Participates in an on-line sweepstakes, contest or survey.
- Applies for a credit card through Midas or the user provides existing credit card information to Midas on-line in connection with a product or service order.
- Submits an e-mail address for use by Midas.
- Subscribes to receive e-mail from Midas.
- Participates in a click to chat/live chat session.
Midas's primary goal in collecting any information that personally identifies a user is to fulfill website user requests and orders, to help you quickly find information and services, help Midas to create content on the Website that is more relevant to its users and to alert its users to updated services offered by Midas.
We collect information from your devices. We use tracking tools like browser cookies, web beacons, pixels, tags, and other technologies. We do this on our websites, ads, and in emails that we or our vendors send to you. We collect information about users over time when you use this website. We may also collect and record page interaction information and others electronic communications and content from your use of our website and services (such as content entry, mouse movements, screen captures, the date, time and location of your visit, what areas of the website you visit and for how long, what search terms or other data you enter, and what products or content or links you view and clock on), and methods used to browse away from the page. We may also embed technologies (which may include web beacons, tags, and pixels) in the emails and other communications we or our vendors send to you to help us understand how you interact with those messages, such as whether and when you opened a message or clicked on any content within the message. We may have third parties that collect personal information in these ways.
A Website user may be asked to provide contact and/or credit card information in connection with an order. If we have trouble processing an order or request, completing delivery of an order or other similar issue, this contact information will be used by Midas or a third party working on our behalf to contact the user.
Midas’ Website may retain information from any participant in a click to chat/live chat session. By participating in a click to chat/live chat session, you are agreeing that Midas and any agent representing or working on behalf of Midas can record and/or retain your information. Information provided to click to chat/live chat participants is informational only and should not be relied on as the sole basis for making a decision. Midas and its subsidiaries and/or affiliates are not liable for any information provided and/or the consequences thereof via a click to chat/live chat session.
A user of the click to chat/live chat should not provide personally identifiable information (such as date of birth, social security number, credit card number, etc.) on the click to chat/live chat system. Any user who does so hereby does so at his or her own risk and agrees to release Midas and its subsidiaries and/or affiliates from any liability, damages, or causes of action relating thereto.
You may choose not to provide us with any personally-identifying information. In that case, you can still access and use many portions of our Website; however, you will not be able to access and use those portions of this Website that requires your personal information.
Important Website Terminology
- Cookies. "Cookies" are small, removable pieces of data that are stored by a user's Internet browser on a user's computer when this Website is accessed that enables us to track and personalize our websites to enhance each user's website experience. For instance, by installing a cookie from one of our websites, we can provide you with storage of items in your shopping cart between visits. Most web browsers allow you to exercise control over cookies installed on your computer. You may erase them, block them or have notifications sent to you when a cookie is stored on your computer. However, if a user's browser refuses the cookie, some of the features and services of this Website may not operate to their fullest or properly.
- Google Analytics. We use certain tools provided by Google, e.g., Google Analytics, Google AdWords Conversion tracker, and other Google services across our websites that place cookies on a user's browser. These cookies help us personalize the website experience and increase the website's effectiveness for our visitors. These cookies are set and read by Google. To opt out of Google tracking, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
- Google AdWords. We also use Google's AdWords functions and tools, including cookies, to display our offers and services across the web. We place tags on certain browser pages, and then a third party reads these cookies and may serve an ad via a third party's website. We use this tool to help bring you offers we think might interest you based upon your past online choices. You may opt out of this service by visiting the following link: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
Midas’ Website is directed to the general public. Consistent with generally accepted good practices, Midas will never knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from users that indicate that they are under the age of thirteen (13).
Your California Privacy Rights
California legislation permits consumers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information, if any, we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes within the immediately preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information within the immediately preceding calendar year.
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
Midas International, LLC
Attn: Consumer Relations / Website Request
4300 TBC Way
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
California law may also provide you with additional rights regarding your personal information under the law commonly known as the CCPA. These rights may include the right to know the categories of personal information we collect, from where we collect the information, how we use it, and if we disclose, share or sell it to others. Your rights may also include the ability to request we delete your personal information (subject to certain legal exemptions) and the right to tell us not to sell your information.
This PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS supplements the information contained in the Privacy Statement of this website and applies solely to visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information when you use our services. This information identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, consumers occupying a single dwelling (household), and/or device (“personal information”). To help the consumer understand what we do and do not collect, the chart below indicates the categories of personal information we generally may collect about consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, street address, including city, state and zip code, telephone number, Internet Protocol address (IP address), email address, account name, vehicle information such as VIN number, year, make, model, mileage and condition.|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, credit card number, debit card number, or other financial information (we do not maintain or retain debit card, credit card or financial information other than the cost of products/services and method of payment). Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations, when you apply for a job with us.|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.|
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
Information excluded from the CCPA's scope.
The Sources of the Information We Collect
We obtain the above-described categories of personal information from a variety of categories of sources. Below are categories of sources from which we gather personal information:
- Directly and indirectly from: (i) customers when they visit the independently owned and operated franchise service centers and/or purchase vehicle repair services and/or products from the service centers operating under the Midas name; (ii) users of this website (www.midas.com) through tracking tools and when users provide information directly through the website; (iii) social media platforms, like Twitter® or Facebook®; (iv) consumers directly provide us information, for example, through reviews, rebate forms, surveys, contests/sweepstakes; affiliated/related entities; marketing agencies; and (v) Midas International, LLC job applicants. For example, we gather some of the above-described information from documents relating to the vehicle services Midas franchisees perform such as Work Orders, Inspection Checklists, Estimates, Invoices, warranty information activities on this website, and other Internet platforms.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
There are several business or commercial reasons why we collect the personal information we collect. We may use the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, to ensure appointments are kept and products ordered are available.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To carry out our obligations regarding warranties provided and/or purchased as part of services offered to you by our franchisees.
- To improve our services and website, and present our website contents to you.
- For testing, research, analysis and product development.
- To present you with service reminders and other promotional offers and marketing materials that might be of interest to you.
- To evaluate job applications.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
Sharing Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we may sell and/or disclose each of the above-identified categories for our business purposes. This includes but is not limited to, for example:
- Midas International, LLC and its affiliates, and related entities.
- Any successor to the franchise vehicle service center(s) you visited and/or to the nearest Midas location if the shop you visited ceased operating.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you. For example, if you purchased a road hazard warranty on a tire, your information is sent to the entity that administers that program.
- Vendors that provide services on our behalf, including hosting and maintaining our website, sending emails and customer communications for us, providing marketing assistance, and sending customer reminders and other advertising.
We do not knowingly collect, disclose or sell the information of any minor.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
How to Exercise Your CCPA Rights
1. Contact Us
To exercise your rights under the CCPA, please submit a verifiable consumer request by calling us at this telephone number 1-866-649-8473, by completing this web form or emailing us at [email protected]
You may submit a verifiable consumer request on your own behalf or on the behalf of your minor child.
In addition, you may designate an agent to submit a verifiable consumer request on your behalf for a request to know information or to delete information. However, you must provide the agent written permission authorizing the agent to submit the request on your behalf. The agent must also verify his/her identity with us directly before we will provide him/her your information. This is not required of the authorized agent if you have provided the agent a power of attorney through Probate Court.
An authorized agent must provide the requested proof or we may deny the request. Additionally, the verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows us reasonably to verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative. It must also describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
Requests are limited. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
- Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and verify your request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information (if applicable).
- The categories of other parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we have about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- We may deny your deletion request, or fulfill it only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may keep personal information as permitted by the CCPA, such as for tax purposes or to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
3. Response Timing and Format
Upon receiving your request to know or a request to delete, we will confirm receipt of the request and provide information about how we will process the request, including our verification process. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request to know and/or to delete within 45 days of its receipt, though we may take up to an additional 45 days (for a total of 90-days) if necessary. Any disclosures we provide may only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, our Privacy Statement, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Surveys, Sweepstakes & Contests
Occasionally Midas may request information from users of our Website via surveys, sweepstakes or contests. Participation in these surveys, sweepstakes or contests is completely voluntary, and the users of our Websites have a choice regarding participation and the type of information they disclose. Information requested may include contact information (such as your name and shipping address) and demographic information (such as zip code and age level). We use such information to notify contest winners, to award prizes and to analyze the website traffic to improve the user's experience on all of our Website. All participation in surveys, sweepstakes and contests is subject to applicable law, the applicable rules and terms and conditions that accompany each of these contests or sweepstakes. These rules, terms and conditions may be accessed at the time of your participation.
Data Sharing and Disclosures
Midas will not trade, sell, or share the personal information you have submitted to any third party, excluding affiliates companies, without your consent except that the personal information you provide may be used by any of Midas’ affiliated companies or franchisee dealers, or third-party business partners who may need to use such information to help Midas administer certain promotions, provide technical services for the Website, and address a question or concern about our products and services. If you do provide us with your consent, we may also share your personal information with third parties so that they may send you product offers, personalized offers and tips or ask you for feedback on how to make Midas’ products and programs better for yourself and others.
Midas may be required to disclose personal information to law enforcement, governmental authorities, or third parties if (i) required to do so by law, search warrant, subpoena, court order or other legal process, (ii) requested by law enforcement or other government authorities, or (iii) Midas believes such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Midas and its Website, visitors to the Website and customers of our products and services.
Data Sharing and Disclosures
Midas has taken appropriate precautions to protect user information on our Website. When users submit personally identifiable information, Midas takes commercially accepted and recommended steps to protect that information both on- and off-line. Nevertheless, currently no data transmission over the Internet or method of storage - electronic or otherwise - can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While Midas strives to protect your information, absolute security cannot be guaranteed.
Special Offers, Account Updates and Opting Out
Midas occasionally sends our customers and the users of our Website announcements and updates, which contain important information about our Website and our product and service offerings, including those from its affiliated companies, which we believe to be of value to our customers and users. To facilitate this, we may enhance or merge the information we collect on our Website with data lawfully obtained from third parties for purposes of marketing products or services to our customers and users.
We may communicate with the users of our Website via e-mail, telephone, mail or fax to provide services, content, product information, notification of offers, discounts or in regard to customer service issues relating to a particular account. The users of our Website are given the opportunity to elect not to receive such marketing communications.
Our e-mail messages have an "unsubscribe" feature for prior users of our Websites who have become our customers, but do not want to be notified about special offers in the future. At any time, users can "reply" back to the e-mail message and type "unsubscribe" in the subject field. We will remove that e-mail address from our e-mail lists. To ensure proper updating of account information, users with more than one e-mail address are asked to include those in any "unsubscribe" request. Users who do not wish to have postal mail information, phone number or ordering information shared with third party organizations, can opt out by: (i) calling us toll-free at 1-800-639-8473; (ii) mail us at Midas International, LLC, Attn: Consumer Affairs / Website Request, 4300 TBC Way, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410, or (iii) e-mail us at [email protected]
Updates to this Policy
Canadian Consumer Privacy Statement
What personal Information does the Company collect and why?
The Company, through its network of company-owned and franchised Midas Shops, collects personal information of its customers in the normal course of doing business. “Personal information” is any information that could be used to identify you and, depending on the nature of your interaction with us, may include the following (“Personal Information”):
- Name, address, and telephone and facsimile numbers;
- E-mail address;
- Year, make, model, mileage, VIN and License Plate Number of your vehicle(s); and
- Parts and services provided to you at the Midas Shops and related dates of service.
If you choose to withhold Personal Information, you may not be able to avail yourself to certain services or programs offered by the Company or the Midas Shops.
The Company may use your Personal Information to provide you with products, services and information. For example, the Company may:
- Provide you with reminders that your vehicle requires servicing;
- Administer and maintain the Midas warranty program and provide you with warranty coverage thereunder;
- Provide you with information and updates regarding products and services that the Midas Shops have to offer and which the Company and the Midas Shops think will interest you, including marketing and promotional information;
- Respond to your requests for information, services and products; and
- Improve the Company’s and the Midas Shops’ services and products to better understand and meet your automotive needs.
Does the Company Disclose Personal Information?
The Company does not sell your Personal Information to third parties. However, the Company may, on occasion, share some or all of your Personal Information with third parties for the purposes set out above. For example, Personal information may be shared:
- With other Midas Dealers or entities affiliated with the Company for the purposes of fulfilling warranty obligations and to administer marketing promotions; and
- With third parties that provide the Company with services, such as processing and marketing.
These third parties may be located in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States and, as a result, the United States government, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through the laws of the United States.
Accuracy and Access
We are committed to ensuring that the Personal Information we hold for each customer is accurate, up-to-date and complete. You have the right to access your Personal Information in our files and to update or remove that information as necessary, subject to any legal restrictions that would prohibit such action. To access your Personal Information, please contact our Privacy Officer by telephone, e-mail or post at the numbers and address provided below. Please be sure to specify what information requires updating or removal. Corrections will be made at no cost to Midas customers. For other requests, a small fee may be charged to cover the associated costs. We will endeavor to keep these fees as reasonable as possible and will alert you to the charge and amount prior to executing your request. In these instances, you will be given the opportunity to withdraw your request.
Concerns About Your Privacy
If you have any questions or concerns about privacy, confidentiality or how a request for Personal Information has been handled by the Company, please contact the Company’s Privacy Officer at:
Midas International, LLC
Attn: Consumer Relations / Website Request
4300 TBC Way
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
Email: [email protected]