Thank you for visiting our website. This Website is operated by Midas International Corporation (referred to hereafter as “Midas, “we” or “our”). At Midas, the protection of your privacy is important to us. We appreciate you placing your trust in Midas.
Midas International Corporation
Attn: Consumer Relations / Website Request
4300 TBC Way
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
User Information Collection and Use
Midas collects information from users of its Website at several different points and in different ways. Midas’ primary goal in collecting personal information from its users is to provide users with an efficient, meaningful and customized experience. Examples of such instances where Midas may collect personal information, includes, without limitation, when a user:
- Places an order or requests product or service information on-line from Midas.
- To use the Website, or certain portions or feature of the Website, a user may be required to first complete an online registration form which will prompt the user to provide Midas certain personal information, including, but not limited to, your name, address, phone number, email address and vehicle information.
- Requests notification of an on-line order's status using this Website.
- Participates in an on-line sweepstakes, contest or survey.
- Applies for a credit card through Midas or the user provides existing credit card information to Midas on-line in connection with a product or service order.
- Submits an e-mail address for use by Midas.
- Subscribes to receive e-mail from Midas.
- Participates in a click to chat/live chat session.
Midas's primary goal in collecting any information that personally identifies a user is to fulfill website user requests and orders, to help you quickly find information and services, help Midas to create content on the Website that is more relevant to its users and to alert its users to updated services offered by Midas. A Website user may be asked to provide contact and/or credit card information in connection with an order. If we have trouble processing an order or request, completing delivery of an order or other similar issue, this contact information will be used by Midas or a third party working on our behalf to contact the user.
Midas’ Website may retain information from any participant in a click to chat/live chat session. By participating in a click to chat/live chat session, you are agreeing that Midas and any agent representing or working on behalf of Midas can record and/or retain your information. Information provided to click to chat/live chat participants is informational only and should not be relied on as the sole basis for making a decision. Midas and its subsidiaries and/or affiliates are not liable for any information provided and/or the consequences thereof via a click to chat/live chat session.
A user of the click to chat/live chat should not provide personally identifiable information (such as date of birth, social security number, credit card number, etc.) on the click to chat/live chat system. Any user who does so hereby does so at his or her own risk and agrees to release Midas and its subsidiaries and/or affiliates from any liability, damages, or causes of action relating thereto.
You may choose not to provide us with any personally-identifying information. In that case, you can still access and use many portions of our Website; however, you will not be able to access and use those portions of this Website that requires your personal information.
Important Website Terminology
- Cookies. "Cookies" are small, removable pieces of data that are stored by a user's Internet browser on a user's computer when this Website is accessed that enables us to track and personalize our websites to enhance each user's website experience. For instance, by installing a cookie from one of our websites, we can provide you with storage of items in your shopping cart between visits. Most web browsers allow you to exercise control over cookies installed on your computer. You may erase them, block them or have notifications sent to you when a cookie is stored on your computer. However, if a user's browser refuses the cookie, some of the features and services of this Website may not operate to their fullest or properly.
- Google Analytics. We use certain tools provided by Google, e.g., Google Analytics, Google AdWords Conversion tracker, and other Google services across our websites that place cookies on a user's browser. These cookies help us personalize the website experience and increase the website's effectiveness for our visitors. These cookies are set and read by Google. To opt out of Google tracking, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
- Google AdWords. We also use Google's AdWords functions and tools, including cookies, to display our offers and services across the web. We place tags on certain browser pages, and then a third party reads these cookies and may serve an ad via a third party's website. We use this tool to help bring you offers we think might interest you based upon your past online choices. You may opt out of this service by visiting the following link: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
Midas’ Website is directed to the general public. Consistent with generally accepted good practices, Midas will never knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from users that indicate that they are under the age of thirteen (13).
Your California Privacy Rights
California legislation permits consumers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information, if any, we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes within the immediately preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information within the immediately preceding calendar year.
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
Attn: California Privacy Rights Website Request
Midas International Corporation
4300 TBC Way
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
Surveys, Sweepstakes & Contests
Occasionally Midas may request information from users of our Website via surveys, sweepstakes or contests. Participation in these surveys, sweepstakes or contests is completely voluntary, and the users of our Websites have a choice regarding participation and the type of information they disclose. Information requested may include contact information (such as your name and shipping address) and demographic information (such as zip code and age level). We use such information to notify contest winners, to award prizes and to analyze the website traffic to improve the user's experience on all of our Website. All participation in surveys, sweepstakes and contests is subject to applicable law, the applicable rules and terms and conditions that accompany each of these contests or sweepstakes. These rules, terms and conditions may be accessed at the time of your participation.
Data Sharing and Disclosures
Midas will not trade, sell, or share the personal information you have submitted to any third party, excluding affiliates companies, without your consent except that the personal information you provide may be used by any of Midas’ affiliated companies or franchisee dealers, or third-party business partners who may need to use such information to help Midas administer certain promotions, provide technical services for the Website, and address a question or concern about our products and services. If you do provide is with your consent, we may also share your personal information with third parties so that they may send you product offers, personalized offers and tips or ask you for feedback on how to make Midas’ products and programs better for yourself and others.
Midas may be required to disclose personal information to law enforcement, governmental authorities, or third parties if (i) required to do so by law, search warrant, subpoena, court order or other legal process, (ii) requested by law enforcement or other government authorities, or (iii) Midas believes such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Midas and its Website, visitors to the Website and customers of our products and services.
Midas has taken appropriate precautions to protect user information on our Website. When users submit personally identifiable information, Midas takes commercially accepted and recommended steps to protect that information both on- and off-line. Nevertheless, currently no data transmission over the Internet or method of storage - electronic or otherwise - can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While Midas strives to protect your information, absolute security cannot be guaranteed.
Special Offers, Account Updates and Opting Out
Midas occasionally sends our customers and the users of our Website announcements and updates, which contain important information about our Website and our product and service offerings, including those from its affiliated companies, which we believe to be of value to our customers and users. To facilitate this, we may enhance or merge the information we collect on our Website with data lawfully obtained from third parties for purposes of marketing products or services to our customers and users.
We may communicate with the users of our Website via e-mail, telephone, mail or fax to provide services, content, product information, notification of offers, discounts or in regard to customer service issues relating to a particular account. The users of our Website are given the opportunity to elect not to receive such marketing communications.
Our e-mail messages have an "unsubscribe" feature for prior users of our Websites who have become our customers, but do not want to be notified about special offers in the future. At any time, users can "reply" back to the e-mail message and type "unsubscribe" in the subject field. We will remove that e-mail address from our e-mail lists. To ensure proper updating of account information, users with more than one e-mail address are asked to include those in any "unsubscribe" request. Users who do not wish to have postal mail information, phone number or ordering information shared with third party organizations, can opt out by: (i) calling us toll-free at 1-800-639-8473; (ii) mail us at Midas International Corporation, Attn: Consumer Affairs / Website Request, 4300 TBC Way, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410, or (iii) e-mail us at email@example.com.
Updates to this Policy
Canadian Consumer Privacy Statement
What personal Information does the Company collect and why?
The Company, through its network of company-owned and franchised Midas Shops, collects personal information of its customers in the normal course of doing business. “Personal information” is any information that could be used to identify you and, depending on the nature of your interaction with us, may include the following (“Personal Information”):
- Name, address, and telephone and facsimile numbers;
- E-mail address;
- Year, make, model, mileage, VIN and License Plate Number of your vehicle(s); and
- Parts and services provided to you at the Midas Shops and related dates of service.
If you choose to withhold Personal Information, you may not be able to avail yourself to certain services or programs offered by the Company or the Midas Shops.
The Company may use your Personal Information to provide you with products, services and information. For example, the Company may:
- Provide you with reminders that your vehicle requires servicing;
- Administer and maintain the Midas warranty program and provide you with warranty coverage thereunder;
- Provide you with information and updates regarding products and services that the Midas Shops have to offer and which the Company and the Midas Shops think will interest you, including marketing and promotional information;
- Respond to your requests for information, services and products; and
- Improve the Company’s and the Midas Shops’ services and products to better understand and meet your automotive needs.
Does the Company Disclose Personal Information?
The Company does not sell your Personal Information to third parties. However, the Company may, on occasion, share some or all of your Personal Information with third parties for the purposes set out above. For example, Personal information may be shared:
- With other Midas Dealers or entities affiliated with the Company for the purposes of fulfilling warranty obligations and to administer marketing promotions; and
- With third parties that provide the Company with services, such as processing and marketing.
These third parties may be located in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States and, as a result, the United States government, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through the laws of the United States.
How Does the Company Protect the Personal lnformation It Collects?
The Company has implemented appropriate safeguards and security measures to protect your Personal Information from loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Security measures adopted by the Company include limiting the number of individuals with access to your Personal Information. All affiliates, suppliers, agents, employees and other parties performing services on our behalf who handle Personal Information are bound to maintain the confidentiality of all Personal Information and may not use the information for any unauthorized purpose.
Accuracy and Access
We are committed to ensuring that the Personal Information we hold for each customer is accurate, up-to-date and complete. You have the right to access your Personal Information in our files and to update or remove that information as necessary, subject to any legal restrictions that would prohibit such action. To access your Personal Information, please contact our Privacy Officer by telephone, e-mail or post at the numbers and address provided below. Please be sure to specify what information requires updating or removal. Corrections will be made at no cost to Midas customers. For other requests, a small fee may be charged to cover the associated costs. We will endeavor to keep these fees as reasonable as possible and will alert you to the charge and amount prior to executing your request. In these instances, you will be given the opportunity to withdraw your request.
Concerns About Your Privacy
If you have any questions or concerns about privacy, confidentiality or how a request for Personal Information has been handled by the Company, please contact the Company’s Privacy Officer at:
Midas Canada Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer
4300 TBC Way
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida 33410